Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Smiles from the Midwest soon to grow in size!

This weekend, I am flying HOME!  For quite sometime I have been calling where I am living home, and for many reasons it still has the potential of being such.  There are great people here in the village, I have a pleasant group of students with a very diverse personality spectrum, the winter is much more tolerable than I had imagined, the housing is nice and new, I have roommate/colleagues who are great people that share interests and plenty of fun nights with me...for all those reasons I don't mind calling this a home of mine.  But, for a very big reason, "home" will always be where my family is...they are irreplaceable by other people or even experiences.  I can't wait for the next few days to pass right on by so I can be back there to recharge a piece of who I am.  My friends and family are a HUGE part of me and who I am.  I can say I feel myself getting lost a little without that physical support and presence from those who I have known and trusted for years.  On the flip-side, I do look forward to my return to finish out the year.  My students will greatly benefit upon my return after recharging my batteries, clearing my head, and looking at a fresh start to the year, and second semester.

In-light of the new year approaching, I figured I would close this blog with a jump start on this whole resolution thing that will need to be looked at in a few weeks.
Not in any particular order:
1.  Post my pictures and update the blog from fun events when first arriving in Alaska
2.  Update blog with fun stories weekly on a minimum basis, the interaction I get from you all reading is rewarding and creates a motive to continue with a smile.
3.  Remind myself daily of who I am, what I am capable of, and where I want to be in my life.  This is a step I chose to take and I will make sure it is a valuable one so in the face of a new position whenever and wherever that may be, I can use this experience as a prelude to a great career.

No comments:

Post a Comment