Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Snow day!

These snow days in Alaska are MUCH different than those in Wisconsin.  Being snowed in is what we do so the last thing I want to do is to be snowed in even further into my house.  Nonetheless, today is that...a snow day.  The winds are strong and the snow is coming in all directions creating a white canvas for whatever the imagination can paint.  There is nothing out there after about 15feet.

I just finished taking Moses and Aquila out for their 4x a day daily rituals and their poor faces were snow covered in the 5 minutes of being outside.  If I feel stir crazy, I can only imagine what they are feeling as well.  I sure hope there is some clear weather and a "warmish day" (some where around zero would be nice) soon, they will be on the top of the treat list for a nice long walk!

Not to worry, I do remember posting my resolutions, but like most of us we talk about them in January, think about them in February, maybe write them down in March, then possibly work on them in April...so I consider myself ahead of the game, mine are already written down!  So as far as a positive post from me to you...there is data that I HAVE made educational improvements with these students.  I may be a first year teacher, I may not know all the ins and outs, but I do know kids and I care about them greatly, which is now showing in their improvements.  This is why I became a teacher, this is why I love what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment